5th London Free School Weekender
March 06, 2010 12:30Published by group: London Free School
Tagged as: free_spaces gender lfs
195 Mare st E8 3QE Hackney
Accessibility: In terms of accessibility, have a look at the Access Codes for the building
In short: there is a ramp at the front for the steps. the temporary layout for the use of the building the week end is the following:
- Workshop Space 1 and 2, Bar and chill out space will be on the ground floor with no steps between them.
- Workshop Space 3 and 4 will be in the basement (narrow and not very nice stairs).
- The Movie Space and the kids space will be on the ground floor but with few steps separating them from each other and from the Workshop spaces 1 and 2.
- Toilets are not wheelchair friendly, but we will try to improve them and welcome suggestions and guidance.
Creche: there will be a kids space. Let us know your needs
//COME TO THE NEXT FREE SCHOOL!//
It's a school that's free. Free of charge, free from teachers, free for any adult to come and learn.
WHEN: 5th-7th March 2010
WHERE: 195 Mare St E8 3QE. There will be a kid space, let us know your needs.
// Classes of all sorts will be held throughout each day on a wide variety of skills and subjects, please see below for the schedule, and check our website in case of last minute changes www.londonfreeschool.wordpress.com
// All classes will be led by people want to share whatever skills and knowledge they have with others.
// The ideas behind the FreeSchool are based around respect and equality. All people who attend will be encouraged to challenge any discrimination they see or experience such as racism, sexism, homophobia, classism...
This FreeSchool is also seeking to explore issues around gender in learning and in other parts of our lives.
Please have a read of our Safer Space Policy, or welcome note for the London FreeSchool
Saturday 6th March
Bar / Chill out space
* 12.00 - 12.30 : Discussion/presentation of the Safer Space Policy
* All day Free tutorials for humanities students (turn up and ask for the facilitators)
Workshop Space 1
* 12.30 - 14.30 : Direct Action/ Blockading
* 14.30 - 16.00 : Spanish lesson
* 16.00 - 19.00 : A DIY Radio Workshop
Workshop space 2
* 12.30 - 14.30 : Sexual Consent
* 14.30 - 16.00 : Charm Offensive: a group discussion on charisma and authority.
* 16.00 - 17.30 : What have feminism tendencies brought to autonomous politics in the seventies? How the perspective of feminism transcends marxist/anarchist perspectives?
* 17.30 - 19.00 : What are Children For?
Workshop Space 3
* 12.30 - 14.30 : Downloading Workshop
* 14.30 - 16.00 : Free and Open Source Software
* 16.00 - 17.30 : Free Art/Expression workshop
Workshop Space 4
* All day: Welding (just come round and ask the facilitator to show you!)
* 16.00 - 17.30 : Bike Repair Workshop
* ... schedule to be made
19.30 : Daily general debrief
Email contact : londonfreeschool at riseup.net (replace at by @)
Contact email: londonfreeschool at riseup.net