Communist University 2012
August 25, 2012 14:00
This event is part of a series of repeating events. To see all the events, click here.Tagged as: anti-militarism culture gender migration repression solidarity workers_struggles
Over seven days of intense and open discussion, comrades from a variety of left political backgrounds teach and learn from each other. Differences between comrades are debated in fiercely partisan ways – but without the fear of excommunication that characterises the confessional sects of much of the rest of the left. The aim is clarity and fight to show the relevance of contemporary Marxism to the huge battles the workers’ movement will soon be squaring up to.
Come and join us this year and make your contribution to the job of politically tooling our side up for war.
Location: Glenthurston Apartments, 30 Bromley Rd. London, SE6 2TP
Places:Confirmed speakers include:
- Paul LeBlanc, author of “Lenin and the Revolutionary Party”
- Hillel Ticktin, editor of “Critique”
- Yassamine Mather, chair of Hands Off the People of Iran
- Moshe Machover, Israeli socialist and founder of Matzpen
- a speaker from the Organisation of Revolutionary Workers in Iran (Rahe Kargar)
- Gregor Gall, author Tommy Sheridan: from hero to zero?
- Susann Witt-Stahl, Assoziation Daemmerung (Hamburg)
- Mike Macnair, Communist Party of Great Britain and author of “Revolutionary Strategy”
- Jack Conrad, Communist Party of Great Britain and author of “Fantastic Reality”
- Chris Knight, author of “Blood Relations”
How to book your place
- full week, incl. accommodation in shared rooms – £170 normal price; £200 solidarity; £110 unwaged
- last weekend, incl. one night’s accommodation – £35 (£20);
- day – £10 (£5);
- session – £5 (£3);
- whole week, no accommodation: £60 (£30).