5 Freckin years of Dissident Island Radio...
July 06, 2012 21:00Published by group: dissident island radio
Tagged as: 107 2012 academic anarchism art artist barnes birthday broke but c colossus crowdsource culture cuts deptford di director dissident dj environmentalism exhibition fifth films five free_spaces gender greg hall heckert identity ideology installation island jamie july karen larc left live making monarchy movement music network occupylondon parliament plan politics practice queen queer radical radio regina repression sexuality social_struggles solidarity vision workers_struggles
Five freckin years. One hundred and seven whole episodes of Dissident Island Radio. Along with sh*tloads of other stuff too. Yea I know. We impress ourselves sometimes. (Or maybe the feeling is more accurately described as general confusion and bewilderment...anyway...)
On the show tonight - 6 July 2012 - we've got a whole slew of very fantastic guests and interviews lined up:
- Director Greg Hall and the Broke But Making Films team talking about completely independent cinema, crowd funding, and their upcoming works.
- Activist, academic and yoga teacher Jamie Heckert discussing anarchism and sexuality.
- Some folks from the newly formed London branch of the Plan C network to discuss its political vision and trajectory, and to take a constructively critical look at current radical left collective action trends in the UK.
- Artist Karen Barnes will tell us about her work and upcoming exhibition in Deptford, 'E.R my arse'.
- music and banter and bollocks and birthday cakes and cans 'o' beer...
- and the very excellent Dr Colossus to play us out with some bangin choons.
Contact email: dissidentisland [at] riseup [dot] net