Pay Up! Raise the alarm on poverty pay
June 03, 2012 15:00Tagged as: cuts social_struggles solidarity
When: 1500, Sunday 3rd June 2012
Where: Inside Holborn Sainsbury's
What: Sainsbury's is an official partner in the Jubilee Flotilla. They will have two massive orange boats parading their brand.
Let's make this a day where people learn what Sainsbury's is really like
Pay Up was started by ex supermarket staff, including Sainsbury’s employees and activists from UK Uncut, Occupy, trade unions, community, and environmental organisations.
We have five core aims:
- To make poverty pay a political issue in the UK that can no longer be ignored
- To generate a public debate on the relationship between labour and capital
- To make Sainsbury’s the UK’s first major Living Wage retailer
- To see a living wage implemented across as much of the economy as possible, starting with profitable big business
- To promote workplace self-organisation and unions
- To foster joint campaigning and organisation between union and civil disobedience activists
We are a national network built on the model of UK Uncut. We need to build local alliances, get to our local Sainsbury’s store, start building networks of workers, trade unionists and activists, and make some noise. Visit our action centre to get in contact with other people in your area, and to register your actions.
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org