Statement G20 witnesses at Bank demoTagged as: death g20 g20witnesses repression tomlinson
Neighbourhoods: bank city_of_london cornhill
• We would firstly like to express condolences to the family and friends of Ian Tomlinson who died on Wednesday.
• Multiple witnesses have now come forward who saw Mr. Tomlinson before his death on Wednesday.
• We now have compelling evidence that Ian Tomlinson’s death may have been caused by the police – eye-witnesses have confirmed to us that he was pushed back from police lines, falling heavily and hitting his head, prior to his collapse.
• He was initially treated by protesters and their statements raise questions about the police meeting their duty of care to Mr.Tomlinson.
• The family should contact an independent lawyer immediately to arrange a second Post Mortem – this is their right. The family should be independently represented at the inquest that will follow. This must be a jury inquest.
• Our aim is to establish the truth and let the public know. We will use the internet and the press to put all the information we gather into the public domain.
• Witnesses will cooperate fully with the Independent Police Complaints Commission, however we remain sceptical about their process of investigation and the eventual outcome and we call for a full public enquiry to look into Mr. Tomlinson’s death and the police tactics used throughout the G20 protests.
• We ask the family to contact us urgently and not to rely on what they are being told by the police – the police are not independent and are likely to see the defence of their own members and organisation as their prime aim. We ask the family to urgently contact INQUEST on 0207 263 1111 so we can put them in touch with these witnesses.
Contact email: email@example.com