This 109th Dissident Island Radio features some lovely people running London’s Cuts Cafe, a radical space in the belly of the beast designed to allow for movement building in the run-up to the TUC demo on October 20th. We also hear about porn, capitalism and sexual desire. Does one lead to the other? Could you have anarcho-porn? And as always the show features rabble rousing, tunes, an…
LARC - and pumpin out your stereo
Using the Olympic ticketing website run by monopolistic Ticketmaster (owned by Live Nation Entertainments in California) has been described as USABILITY HELL.
Venue: London Action Resource Centre (LARC)
62 Fieldgate Street, (corner of Parfett Street), Whitechapel, London E1 1ES
Nearest Stations:- Whitechapel / Aldgate East / Aldgate / Shadwell
Departing from Covent Garden Piazza 12.12pm and planned to arrive at Olympic Park at 20.12pm.
Right-click for MP3 download link here (125mb)
Right-click for OGG download link here (76mb)
Five freckin years. One hundred and seven whole episodes of Dissident Island Radio. Along with sh*tloads of other stuff too. Yea I know. We impress ourselves sometimes. (Or maybe the feeling is more accurately described as general confusion and bewilderment...anyway...)
On the show tonight - 6 July 2…
Proprietary codec - MP3 (112.5 MB)
Free codec - OGG (68 MB):
What a fantastic show! This is what features:
* Carnival of Dirt with is happening in London tonight, where more than 30 activist groups from London and around the world come together to highlight the illicit deeds of mining and extraction companies.
* a short introduction to 'non violent communication' by activist,
scholar and yoga teach…
To celebrate the launch of the magazine No Bounds have organised a party on June 26th 2012 in association with events promoters Movimientos. The launch night will be held at the Rich Mix in East London, with an eclectic array of performances, ranging from poets to musicians. It will be a free event. All welcome!!!!!!
On our 105th show we've got lots of hot stuff to keep us in tune with the weather.
- Writer and researcher dizzyshambles with musings and reflections on the politics of the militant student uprising in Quebec
- Donal from the Dysophia zine discussing Anarchism, antisemitism, and ways of recognising / combating the covert and overt manifestations of racism in our solidarity struggles.
- A che…
- Refections from participants in the Finsbury Square Occupy camp, which is due for eviction in the near future
- A discussion about the social impacts of default, specifically looking at the parallels between contemporary Greece and the Argentina of 10 years ago
- An interview on 'take the flour back', an upcoming mass action against genetically modified wheat in the UK happening on 27 M…
Episode 103 of Dissident Island Radio features:
- Our friend Carl live in the studio giving an insider's perspective on prisoner solidarity. He gives some nice ideas on how to offer support and what to say in those all important letters.
- People from SQUASH and the ASS talking about the future of squatting in England and Wales post Clause 145, and what's going to change once the ban comes into effe…
This weekend the people of London are taking back our spaces with a great free concert on Clapham Common London. Located next to the Long Pond our stage will be the grass, our entry policy - "All Welcome"
On Monday, 23 April, about 100 people, many of whom wearing neon balaclavas, the trade mark of Pussy Riot, protested outside the Russian Embassy in London, demanding “Free Pussy Riot!”. See video.
In February, the feminist punk band Pussy Riot stormed into Christ the Savior Cathedral in Moscow and to perform their anti Putin song “Punk prayer”. Ekaterina Samusevich, Maria Alyokhina and …