This 109th Dissident Island Radio features some lovely people running London’s Cuts Cafe, a radical space in the belly of the beast designed to allow for movement building in the run-up to the TUC demo on October 20th. We also hear about porn, capitalism and sexual desire. Does one lead to the other? Could you have anarcho-porn? And as always the show features rabble rousing, tunes, an…
Right-click for MP3 download link here (125mb)
Right-click for OGG download link here (76mb)
Five freckin years. One hundred and seven whole episodes of Dissident Island Radio. Along with sh*tloads of other stuff too. Yea I know. We impress ourselves sometimes. (Or maybe the feeling is more accurately described as general confusion and bewilderment...anyway...)
On the show tonight - 6 July 2…
Proprietary codec - MP3 (112.5 MB)
Free codec - OGG (68 MB):
What a fantastic show! This is what features:
* Carnival of Dirt with is happening in London tonight, where more than 30 activist groups from London and around the world come together to highlight the illicit deeds of mining and extraction companies.
* a short introduction to 'non violent communication' by activist,
scholar and yoga teach…
On our 105th show we've got lots of hot stuff to keep us in tune with the weather.
- Writer and researcher dizzyshambles with musings and reflections on the politics of the militant student uprising in Quebec
- Donal from the Dysophia zine discussing Anarchism, antisemitism, and ways of recognising / combating the covert and overt manifestations of racism in our solidarity struggles.
- A che…
- Refections from participants in the Finsbury Square Occupy camp, which is due for eviction in the near future
- A discussion about the social impacts of default, specifically looking at the parallels between contemporary Greece and the Argentina of 10 years ago
- An interview on 'take the flour back', an upcoming mass action against genetically modified wheat in the UK happening on 27 M…
Episode 98 promises to be an action packed adventure for all the family. This time round we've got:
Dissident Island Radio - 20 January 2012 - episode 96:
Comin' back at you fresh in 2012 with a hot and incredibly topical show as always, we'll be...
On episode 89 of Dissident Island Radio We had many fingers in may pies including:
- Photojournalist Guy Smallman discussing Afghanistan, war, and imperialism 10 years in to the 'war on terror'.
- Words from a member of the Campaign Against the Arms Trade (CAAT) on the activities surrounding this year's DESI arms fair in east London.
- Derek from tokepure telling us about the need to break th…
Episode 88 of Dissident Island sees some of the crew crawl back after their summer hiatus to bring you the latest from the streets of London and beyond.
We had a bit of a look back at the month of August - with riots and multiple deaths at the hands of the police it's been a busy one.
There were words from Tower Hamlets ALARM about what to expect from September 3rd's EDL demonstration in Tower Ha…
Episode 80 of Dissident Island Radio brings you:
- Words from Temporary Autonomous Art about their upcoming weekend of exhibitions and events
- The notorious WAG, discussing the disillusion of their group and the formation of ALARM
- An update from the Ian Tomlinson inquest from Dean, who has been in attendance over the past few weeks
- The Counter Olympics Network discussing points objection …
For episode 78, the Dissident Island Crew put together something extra hot.. A Sex Worker Special! The show features:
* Ava Caradona from x:talk discussing sex work and border regimes
* Claire, speaking candidly about her experiences of the vulnerabilities of working in different sex work settings
* Luca, a queer sex worker, political activist, and Open Sex Workers' University organiser, talking…
Dissident Island Radio Episode 77: DOWNLOAD NOW!!!
- Words from some Grow Heathrow residents about their upcoming PEDAL bike ride to Palestine as well as talking to us about Reclaim the Fields
- Justus, our German correspondent, spoke to us about Antifa in Dresden and Anit-Nuclear actions across Germany
- An audio piece from Dale Farm travellers site in Essex, the biggest travellers site in Europe so…
Episode 76 features words from the Cardiff Unemployed Daytime Disco, followed by a live chat with Zebedee about the Lewisham library occupation and the aboutlordbrowne website. Finally, we head up to Manchester to hear about legal proceedings against opponents to airport expansion.
The show also features details of our upcoming party, our swear word competition, music from deadlybuzz, and the us…
AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD NOW!!!
DISSIDENT ISLAND EPISODE 75 - 4TH FEB 2011
* Collective for better Collectives talking about their group and upcoming events
* Live in the studio - a reflection on the upcoming Space for Change with Camp for Climate Action UK
* A discussion with Corporate Watch on "non-lethal" weapons - and how Israel is testing them in Palestine
* An audio montage - snippets of…
Episode 74 was a busy one for us, so put on your listening hat(s) as we begin by hearing a discussion about resistance to GM and the plans for January's Stop GM gathering. Live in the studio we had two of the occupiers of the new Bloomsbury Freeskool, telling us about where they're at and their plans for the building.
Next us we had one of the many anti cuts updates from groups such as the IWW, UK…
Back from our holiday break us dissidents were still a little fuzzy headed but we managed to pull our heads out of our asses long enough to have functioning conversations with a fair few people. Ben, from UK Uncut, came into the studio and had a good long chat with us about ideas behind the campaign as well as looking at what the year ahead might have in store.
One of the defendants in the recent…
It's that special time of year...when wage-slavery gives way - ideally - to time off, trips home, vegging on the couch, overeating and celebrations with family and friends...and Dissident Island Radio's got something to fill any moments of holiday boredom: our latest show! Featuring Michael Albert on Parecon, GBC Legal, news on the Ratcliffe trial, a discussion on benefit cuts, Wikileaks, 'citizen…
An awesome end of year show featuring an interview with Michael Albert on participatory economics, chats with the Green and Black Cross, news from the recent Ratcliffe Trial, debates about Alternative Media and the Anti-Cuts Demos, a Hot Topic on benefits cuts, a D*I DJ set featuring our favourite craptastic 80s tracks and much much more. Enjoy!
The latest Dissident Island Radio show is ready to download - featuring an interview from activists producing radio during the recent anti-nuclear action in Germany, a bit on the Siege of London and the upcoming exhibit above Freedom Bookshop, the recent Fitwatch blog shut-down, pirate radio legend Tetsuo Kogawa hailing from Japan, Hackney Benefits Collective on upcoming gigs, Bristol's Radio Kebe…
Holy crap. This is a firey hot, jam-packed show. Here's what you can look forward to: