Right-click for MP3 download link here (125mb)
Right-click for OGG download link here (76mb)
Five freckin years. One hundred and seven whole episodes of Dissident Island Radio. Along with sh*tloads of other stuff too. Yea I know. We impress ourselves sometimes. (Or maybe the feeling is more accurately described as general confusion and bewilderment...anyway...)
On the show tonight - 6 July 2…
- Refections from participants in the Finsbury Square Occupy camp, which is due for eviction in the near future
- A discussion about the social impacts of default, specifically looking at the parallels between contemporary Greece and the Argentina of 10 years ago
- An interview on 'take the flour back', an upcoming mass action against genetically modified wheat in the UK happening on 27 M…
Episode 103 of Dissident Island Radio features:
- Our friend Carl live in the studio giving an insider's perspective on prisoner solidarity. He gives some nice ideas on how to offer support and what to say in those all important letters.
- People from SQUASH and the ASS talking about the future of squatting in England and Wales post Clause 145, and what's going to change once the ban comes into effe…
Dissident Island Radio - April 6 2012 - On episode 101 we heard from:
- Dan from UK Uncut talking their impending legal action against HMRC and Goldman Sachs in a bid to recoup £20 million in tax revenue.
- Corporate Watch in Part 1 of a discussion of tax avoidance by companies involved in private healthcare & privatisation.
- Nick from Housman's bookshop telling us about the entrants to thi…
Ed Greens, 21 year old musical artist & poet from Camden Town, London performed at the Hackney Picture House on 29th March 2012. The show premiered the music video to ‘Screaming Revolution' by Empdy x Ed Greens. I caught up with Ed to ask a few questions, particularly, how he came to start making ‘active' music and why Palestine is a common thread in his music.
Friday 16 March 2012 marked the 100th episode of Dissident Island Radio - our centenary! And with that in mind we decided to make it a bit special. Alongside the usual mix of music, banter, and special guests on the mic we be heard an extended piece on the consolidation of neoliberal capitalism in Europe post 'crisis'. The discussion focuses primarily on the situation in Ireland, Spain, and Gre…
On this show before the party Dissident Island came at you from
every angle, wild and whacky, energetic and up-for-it - featuring a plethora of
politics to make you ponder and tunes that'll have you pumpin' up the volume to
eleven and a half. Look forward to hearing...
- the latest news from the ZAD, an autonomous zone airport expansion protest
and experiment in sustainable living located in France
Episode 98 promises to be an action packed adventure for all the family. This time round we've got:
Dissident Island Radio - 20 January 2012 - episode 96:
Comin' back at you fresh in 2012 with a hot and incredibly topical show as always, we'll be...
Dissident Island Radio - 16 December 2011 - episode 95:
- A former Foxconn employee speaks about the dirty secrets behind our techno-goodies
- Traveler Solidarity Network on moving beyond Dale Farm
- Some words about the upcoming ALARM conference (Jan 7)
- Prisoner info for comrades behind bars over the holidays throughout
You're guaranteed to hear some banter, bollocks, 'choons, announcements and the …
On episode 89 of Dissident Island Radio We had many fingers in may pies including:
- Photojournalist Guy Smallman discussing Afghanistan, war, and imperialism 10 years in to the 'war on terror'.
- Words from a member of the Campaign Against the Arms Trade (CAAT) on the activities surrounding this year's DESI arms fair in east London.
- Derek from tokepure telling us about the need to break th…
Episode 80 of Dissident Island Radio brings you:
- Words from Temporary Autonomous Art about their upcoming weekend of exhibitions and events
- The notorious WAG, discussing the disillusion of their group and the formation of ALARM
- An update from the Ian Tomlinson inquest from Dean, who has been in attendance over the past few weeks
- The Counter Olympics Network discussing points objection …
Episode 76 features words from the Cardiff Unemployed Daytime Disco, followed by a live chat with Zebedee about the Lewisham library occupation and the aboutlordbrowne website. Finally, we head up to Manchester to hear about legal proceedings against opponents to airport expansion.
The show also features details of our upcoming party, our swear word competition, music from deadlybuzz, and the us…
The latest Dissident Island Radio show is ready to download - featuring an interview from activists producing radio during the recent anti-nuclear action in Germany, a bit on the Siege of London and the upcoming exhibit above Freedom Bookshop, the recent Fitwatch blog shut-down, pirate radio legend Tetsuo Kogawa hailing from Japan, Hackney Benefits Collective on upcoming gigs, Bristol's Radio Kebe…
The Hobby Horse, 281 Kingsland Road, London
Holy crap. This is a firey hot, jam-packed show. Here's what you can look forward to: